About the Agreements
Read and Publish Agreements accelerate the transition to open-access publishing by changing the way we pay for access to research. These transformative agreements bring journal subscription and open-access publishing fees together into a single agreement managed by the library.
At this stage mainly subscription-based or hybrid journals—journals that charge both APCs and subscriptions—are available via these agreements.
How you will benefit
You will benefit by:
- your open-access research reaching a wider audience
- no additional open-access publishing costs; these are included in the agreement—color charges may still apply, however so check the individual journal agreement
- retaining copyright and the right to acknowledgment while allowing conditional reuse through Creative Commons licenses.
How to take advantage
- Check the relevant agreement and follow the Information for authors instructions.
- Include your institutional affiliation and Koç University email address when submitting your article.
On acceptance of the article, the publisher will detect eligibility—based on your institutional affiliation and email address—and notify you about the options available to you through these agreements.
Eligibility is tied to the article's corresponding author. The corresponding author needs to be affiliated with Koç University at the time of the article's acceptance.
IMPORTANT: Corresponding authors should use their institutional email address (@ku.edu.tr) when submitting an article. Using a personal email address may result in an article not being identified as eligible under the agreements.
Eligibility criteria applies to the types of articles that can be made Open Access under the agreements. For example, research articles, review articles, or case reports. The article types may be different across each agreement.
Article acceptance date
Eligibility to publish an article Open Access under the agreements attaches to the article's acceptance date, which must fall within the duration of an agreement term.
For More Questions
Contact your library staff for further information on publishing under the Read and Publish agreements at email@example.com